POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash Dumps : Re: Crash Dumps Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash Dumps
From: Alain
Date: 14 Apr 2010 19:48:13
Message: <4bc6543d$1@news.povray.org>

> I am currently using Beta 36 and encounter 1-2 Crashes per day (for some reason
> far less than the 5-6 from beta 35a?!).
>
> I am then presented with a crash dump choice - small, large or none.
> Which should I choose? Furthermore, where should I send/upload them to? Th large
> dumps are all around 200MB in size. I was unable to find anything relating to
> that (or missed it).
>
> Also, I have started to record what I was changing/doing at the time (no
> predictable behavior so far) - should I upload these notes as well?

Place a post here about your crash and tell that you have a dump
available, and send the dump if a devloper ask you to. He'll give you an
adress to where to send it. As it can be possible for a dump to contain
some private data, never post it on any forum.

Before sending a dump, compress it as a zip file or another format the
devlopment team agree to. Use the highest compression possible. Most
dumps can compress by a factor of 90% to 98%.

Normaly, the small dump is enough. Only use the large one on request. No
dump is the choice after the expiration date.

Alain