POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help in optimizing a scene : Re: Help in optimizing a scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help in optimizing a scene
From: clipka
Date: 14 Apr 2010 14:21:29
Message: <4bc607a9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.04.2010 20:08, schrieb ruy:

> orange areas). I believe this is due to the very high density of blob points in
> this region, but I am not sure. I tried to mitigate this problem by reducing the
> points in the lower 1/7th of the spiral, and it seems to have helped to some
> extent.

You're using a blob with refractive and reflective members. I'm not sure
about 3.6, but until recently 3.7 betas were prone to run into endless
recursions there.

If 3.6 suffers from the same ailment, it should suffice to give the blob
as a whole a reflective and refractive texture as well; with all members
having their individual textures, this will have no further effect
except forcing a flag that prevents the endless recursions.

In current 3.7 betas, this problem should be fixed.