POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Generics annoyance : Re: Generics annoyance Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generics annoyance
From: Warp
Date: 14 Apr 2010 07:48:51
Message: <4bc5aba2@news.povray.org>
> >   If C# offered multiple inheritance (I don't know if it does),

> Only via interfaces. Much like Java in that respect.

  I really can't understand what would be the problem in supporting
full-fledged multiple inheritance.

  If your answer contains the term "diamond inheritance", then forbid
diamond inheritance, not multiple inheritance.

  (Could this be, perhaps, related to garbage collection? It makes GC a lot
more complicated if references don't always point to the beginning of the
allocated memory block?)

--
                                                          - Warp