POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How times have changed : Re: How times have changed Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How times have changed
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Apr 2010 18:48:54
Message: <4bc4f4d6@news.povray.org>
I very much preferred when mediocre music lasted no more than a minute
or so.  Repetitive beats and chord progressions with no variations other
than echo and other digital effects layered in may only sound cool when
stoned.

It's not that I dislike all of electronic music.  Here's quite a few I
truly enjoy for your listening pleasure:

http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/wipeout/tpxosbeptj/02-cardinal-dancer.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/wipeout/zyyrnklcoy/04-doh-t.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/wipeout/hsnarrtsme/06-operatique.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/tekken-3-playstation-soundtrack-002/tmkauniayw/06-paul-phoenix.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/tekken-3-playstation-soundtrack-002/ubpnnaqiyj/11-yoshimitsu.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/tekken-5-original-soundtrack/qjfbmpjdkn/08.-tekken-5-moonlit-wilderness.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/tekken-5-original-soundtrack/klzvmgpwae/05.-tekken-5-formless-like-water.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/metroid-prime-ost/nbnbomsrtx/25-phendrana-drifts-edge-of-phendrana.mp3
http://208.53.138.111/soundtracks/metroid-prime-ost/yzonvysovz/27-underwater-frigate-reactor-core.mp3

incidentally, they are all from videogames.  Wipeout one composed by a
guy from your area, Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE... :)

Perhaps for the fact that they were composed to illustrate the action
going on and environments they don't sound as shallow as most other such
music.  Or perhaps it's simply nostalgia from the games blinding me? :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9