POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express : Re: Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:41:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 13 Apr 2010 11:23:12
Message: <4bc48c60$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> To my knowledge, POV-Ray for Windows is supposed to build with both VS
> 2005 and VS 2008; I myself use VS 2005, but with SP2, so I can't tell
> how it compiles with "naked" VS 2005.

Unless someone steps up to say he compiled the "Release SSE2"
configuration of a current beta on a "naked" VS 2005, it might
be useful to include a non-committal statement under the Visual
Studio 2005 / 2008 /Express sections in the readme at

   http://www.povray.org/beta/source/povwin-src-readme.html

such as

   "It is recommended to install the latest service packs for
   these environments, especially if the build fails with an
   internal compiler or linker error".