POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express : Re: Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:53:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 11 Apr 2010 09:58:32
Message: <4bc1d588$1@news.povray.org>
On 11.04.10 15:35, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Everything builds fine but the final linking of povwin crashes
> with an internal linker error, with some a reference given to inline
> operator overloads of the Counter template class in statistics.h.
> System is XP SP2 with Pentium 4, "Debug" and "Release" work fine.

An "internal linker error" is a bug in the linker of Visual Studio causing a
fatal malfunction of the linker. It is not a bug in POV-Ray! You need to
contact the vendor of your compiler/linker (Microsoft) to either obtain the
most current service pack or get a hotfix.

Alternatively, consider moving to a more recent version of the
compiler/linker, as I am pretty sure Microsoft no longer provides free
support for Visual Studio 2005. So they might actually charge for hotfixes.

	Thorsten, POV-Team