POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Combining meshes and isosurfaces : Re: Combining meshes and isosurfaces Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining meshes and isosurfaces
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 11 Apr 2010 09:35:58
Message: <4bc1d03e$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> I'd rather prefer work to be invested into some "fake displacement
> mapping" (I'm thinking of a certain kind of "deluxe bump mapping",

interpreting normal patterns a displacement map would certainly be
nice and it could be applied to objects other than meshes. The delta
already defined for normals could be used to build a local mesh at the
intersection point where an object was hit, to be used for local shadow
calculations and displacement of the intersection point.