POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express : Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:01:45 EDT (-0400)
  Linker crashes in VC++ 2005 Express
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 11 Apr 2010 09:31:40
Message: <4bc1cf3c$1@news.povray.org>
I just found out that I can't build the "Release SSE2"
configuration on my system (which has Visual C++ 2005 Express
Edition plus platform SDK, so it is not an official build
environment).

Still, did someone else experience this problem, maybe also
with the full version of Visual Studio 2005? Are there any
differences between the configurations except for the
BUILD_SSE2 define and the /arch:SSE2 compiler option?

Everything builds fine but the final linking of povwin crashes
with an internal linker error, with some a reference given to inline
operator overloads of the Counter template class in statistics.h.
System is XP SP2 with Pentium 4, "Debug" and "Release" work fine.

This is still with beta 34 sources as I thought I'd jump
right to beta 36 sources when they become available. Anyway,
nothing relevant seems to have changed for beta 35.

BTW, the changelog on http://www.povray.org/beta/ seems
to be missing the changes between 35a and 36.