POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: How to speed up media scenes? : Re: How to speed up media scenes? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to speed up media scenes?
From: TC
Date: 8 Apr 2010 19:13:16
Message: <4bbe630c@news.povray.org>
> Anyway the things you mentioned were just general hardware installation
> issues, nothing really due specifically to overclocking (eg I set the CPU
> voltage/frequency too high and now it's dead).  Did the CPU really die in
> all those cases you mentioned?

Not in every case, of course. But death of mainboard (due to installation
failure) - often. Unstable windows - very often. This really sucked, because
with windows there always were many things that resulted in an unstable
system, apart from overclocking or overheating.

My problem is that back then I did only see failure ;-) It was my job to fix
things if possible. Dirty work. And I really mean it, guess why this pc
stopped working... (if I cannot post an image to off-topic, I'll try to post
it in p.b.i - I hope people will forgive me).

BTW: Sorry for posting here, I don't know why Outlook Express decided to put
it here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'DSCF0011.jpg' (42 KB) Download 'DSCF0010.jpg' (48 KB)

Preview of image 'DSCF0011.jpg'
DSCF0011.jpg

Preview of image 'DSCF0010.jpg'
DSCF0010.jpg