POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output File Types : Re: Output File Types Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:58:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output File Types
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Apr 2010 05:36:41
Message: <4bbda3a9$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:47:32 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Absolutely. It is plain fact that there is not a single line of code in
> POV-Ray 3.7 pertaining to GIF file output, so whether it was once
> supported or not is a quite moot question.

Thanks for the sanity check! This whole section is going to be a
challenge to correct as it seems to be full of things that are simply
don't apply any more ... for instance in the Display Hardware Settings
section (a couple of sections up from the GIF passage) I see:

"The Display_Gamma=n.n setting is not available as a command-line switch"

On my Linux machine I have a bash script that invokes povray with that
very same command-line switch ... ha-ha sometimes I feel like I've bitten
off more than I can chew!

Jim