POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modem woes : Re: Modem woes Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modem woes
From: TC
Date: 7 Apr 2010 07:48:25
Message: <4bbc7109$1@news.povray.org>
"stbenge" <UN### [at] hotmailcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> TC wrote:
>> Check you wiring. I don't know what kind of connectors and wiring you are
>> using, but problems might arise from wrong wiring.
>
> I use the same phone line with my computer, and it never fails. Would a
> faulty line cause one modem to work but not another?

It is almost impossible to say from here - so much that may go wrong,
because there are so many different ways people are wiring their phones. In
most cases just two wires are needed to transfer the signal. Sometimes four
wires are used. Here in Germany you have many kinds of different jacks -
many different sizes and forms, many different wirings. Connect the wrong
jack to the wrong socket, and when you plug it in you got a busy signal on
all lines.

Maybe the modem from E-Bay was just faulty from start - it happens.