POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Apr 2010 12:30:11
Message: <4bbb6193$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:17:06 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 05/04/2010 7:11 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> How could I not have a sense of humour?;-)
>>

> Of course you are, I believe, the current PovRay Mornington Crescent
> champion.

LOL - I believe you are correct.  I'm still looking forward to the
rematch (we just re-listened to the first game ever of MC last night - it
was awfully short <g>).

>> Then again, I can see why the natives might think so - so many American
>> expats expect things to be "just like home" when they move to the UK -
>> and that's one of the major reasons they come back to the US.
>>
> You should see the Costas in southern Spain. They have adapted so the
> majority of cafes sell all day “Full English Breakfast”. Once in holiday
> in Crete, I drove for miles down a farm road following signs to a
> restaurant. Imagine our dismay when the menu was all German meatballs,
> sauerkraut and spaghetti. Imagine our delight when on asking if they had
> any Greek food we were taken into the kitchen to share the owner’s food.
> :-D

LOL - that's a great story!  I can't imagine sauerkraut and spaghetti
together - that sounds simply revolting. (But I also don't like
sauerkraut at all, so that might have something to do with my opinion
here <g>).

>> I'm always amazed at people who think the rest of the world should be
>> "just like it is at home".  I probably related my experiences in Russia
>> before, where the youth in the group (which was 99% of us) were happy
>> to experience the country the way it was, but at least one of the
>> chaperones was bitterly disappointed that she couldn't get a hamburger
>> or slice of pizza anywhere we went.
>>
> She should have gone to Germany or Italy but even then I guess she would
> have been disappointed.

Very likely.  I think the happiest day of the trip for her was the day we
saw the pizza truck in Moscow.  All the art museums and concert halls we
saw, and that was the highlight for her.  Sad.

TRF1000.html
>> Talk about the luck of the draw - I picked that one completely at
>> random from the ones Humph had used in the past.:-)
>
> LOL :-)

We're now going to have to look for the first appearance of Samantha and
the first instance of Humph abusing Colin Sell.  He's being awfully nice
to Colin in the 197x series...

Jim