POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Apr 2010 02:17:04
Message: <4bbad1e0@news.povray.org>
On 05/04/2010 7:11 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> How could I not have a sense of humour?;-)

Of course you are, I believe, the current PovRay Mornington Crescent
champion.

> Then again, I can see why the natives might think so - so many American
> expats expect things to be "just like home" when they move to the UK -
> and that's one of the major reasons they come back to the US.

You should see the Costas in southern Spain. They have adapted so the
majority of cafes sell all day “Full English Breakfast”.
Once in holiday in Crete, I drove for miles down a farm road following
signs to a restaurant. Imagine our dismay when the menu was all German
meatballs, sauerkraut and spaghetti. Imagine our delight when on asking
if they had any Greek food we were taken into the kitchen to share the
owner’s food. :-D

> I'm always amazed at people who think the rest of the world should be
> "just like it is at home".  I probably related my experiences in Russia
> before, where the youth in the group (which was 99% of us) were happy to
> experience the country the way it was, but at least one of the chaperones
> was bitterly disappointed that she couldn't get a hamburger or slice of
> pizza anywhere we went.

She should have gone to Germany or Italy but even then I guess she would
have been disappointed.

>> >  OMG You can buy them.
>> >  http://www.allpetfurniture.com/The-Refined-Feline-LOT-MA-TRF1000.html
> Talk about the luck of the draw - I picked that one completely at random
> from the ones Humph had used in the past.:-)

LOL :-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen