POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spectrum : Re: Spectrum Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectrum
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 5 Apr 2010 11:51:58
Message: <4bba071e@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UV_Vis_IR_Portrait.jpg
>
> I wonder how much of the difference is due to the wavelength, and how
> much is due to how the camera responds to it.

That's actually a really cool picture.  I assume that the shorter/longer
wavelengths are what accentuates her wrinkles in the ultraviolet and
smooths them in the infrared, but I'm surprised the effect is so visible
at those length scales.  Maybe subsurface scattering is playing a large
role in this.