POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is what I like pov-ray for : Re: This is what I like pov-ray for Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is what I like pov-ray for
From: clipka
Date: 5 Apr 2010 06:46:56
Message: <4bb9bfa0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.04.2010 20:39, schrieb Darren New:

> It's not my code or idea or anything. But the ability to play with
> algorithms like this and then output SDL instead of pixels is I think
> much better than having to write the ray-tracer yourself just cause you
> have a good idea for a picture. :-)

I wonder whether it would be possible to write a POV-Ray patch to
implement a "repeating CSG" object type, repeating a set of objects /ad
infinitum/ in one, two or three directions (while still retaining the
possibility of placing individual non-repeating objects, which seems
reasonably difficult to me with the "infinity box" approach). Ideally
with some pattern parameter to pick one out of multiple object sets for
each "cell"...