POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : How do we want photons { pass_through } to work? : Re: How do we want photons { pass_through } to work? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do we want photons { pass_through } to work?
From: Warp
Date: 4 Apr 2010 10:25:42
Message: <4bb8a166@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:
> When I add pass_through, I expect the object to have no effect on the
> photons

  If I understand correctly, the object's *surface* has no effect on the
photons when 'pass_through' is specified, but if the object has media and
the photons are set up to interact with it, then they will become visible
in the media.

  Well, at least that's how it works in the simple media tutorial I wrote
for the docs. However, I have later noticed that photons often behave
inconsistently with regard to this.

  It's also confusing. Maybe a clearer syntax for different interactions
should be devised.

--
                                                          - Warp