POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Combining meshes and isosurfaces : Re: Combining meshes and isosurfaces Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining meshes and isosurfaces
From: Lukas Winter
Date: 3 Apr 2010 06:55:15
Message: <4bb71e93$1@news.povray.org>
Am Sat, 03 Apr 2010 12:46:56 +0200 schrieb Le_Forgeron:

> why a mesh at all, excepted for the modeling software ?
>
> Just a collection (union ?) of isosurface

Yeah, that would be possible for a mock-up. The memory consumption would
be even higher but I guess the needed non-linear transformations could be
done by modifying the isosurfaces' functions and the strata boundaries
using clipped_by. Rendering would be insanely slow but yes, definitely
doable.

> What about the fractal object instead ?

The fractal object is entirely different from my proposal.