POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : How do we want photons { pass_through } to work? : Re: How do we want photons { pass_through } to work? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:46:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do we want photons { pass_through } to work?
From: clipka
Date: 2 Apr 2010 18:32:49
Message: <4bb67091$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.04.2010 00:11, schrieb Alain:

> With your suggestion, if there is something looking like a stained
> glass, or similar, in the way of the incoming light, you'll get all the
> effect of it, without having to compute photons for areas that only get
> affected by that filtering object.

Yup, that's exactly why I favor it. I think it is a good deal more
useful than just making it fully neutral to photons altogether - and if
that functionality should still be desired, I'd personally prefer the
keyword to fit into the "no_something" group, i.e. "no_photons".

> If you go that way, the documentations will have to be changed to match
> that behaviour.

Definitely so. But I'd even volunteer to change it if that helps my
cause :-P