POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : How do we want photons { pass_through } to work? : Re: How do we want photons { pass_through } to work? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do we want photons { pass_through } to work?
From: clipka
Date: 2 Apr 2010 18:21:40
Message: <4bb66df4$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.04.2010 23:54, schrieb MDenham:

> I suspect people may have been using this for an artistic effect to date, so I'm
> in favor of throwing an optional parameter to pass_through:

No, it's definitely broken. If backward compatibility is really a
concern, the policy would be to fall back to the current behavior when
#version 3.6 (or earlier) is specified, while providing no way of
"resurrecting" this bug for non-legacy scenes. This way, some versions
later the bug can be fully removed from the code.