POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Apr 2010 17:19:49
Message: <4bb65f75$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/1/2010 1:00 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> For something like this, you need "consistency".
>
> Great. Pass an amendment. That's how it works. :-)
>
>> Its not about bloody property taxes, its about one single, consistent,
>> nation wide, way of securing the health, as much as possible, of
>> *every* citizen, not just which ever states, cities, or non-corp owned
>> plots of land, just happen to pass something that tries to fix the
>> problem.
>
> I understand that you *want* that. I want it too. But it's perfectly
> reasonable for a state government to say "that's not your job, Uncle Sam."
>
>> Its not about who does it.
>
> Actually, yeah, it is. At least in *this* lawsuit.
>
> Note that I'm not commenting on the appropriateness of health care
> reform etc. I'm commenting on the fact that it's perfectly reasonable
> for states to do something while complaining the feds should not be
> doing that.

They are not even complaining that the "fed" is doing it. Their entire
complaint hinges on the claim that the fed can't "force" people to buy
it, by charging them more, if they don't. This is flat out wrong, based
on numerous case histories. The people apposed to the bill would love,
now that Dems have managed to do what they failed to, pass some other
version themselves, and they are not going to shoot themselves in the
foot by declaring federal health care *itself* as illegal. Do that and
you lose Medicare and Medicade too, since they are federal.

So, no, its "not" about how is doing this, unless you mean, "which party
are they in".

I'll repeat. The states are not complaining about the fed passing such a
bill, they are complaining about a specific detail in the bill that they
think is wrong, and, in a fit of unbelievable hypocrisy, the
representatives in those states that pushed for such a lawsuit, where
responsible for *getting* included in the first place. Its all about,
"We couldn't kill it, so now we will kill it another way." It hasn't a
damn thing to do with whether the fed passed such a thing, its about
Democrats doing it.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {