POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : American vs. European government systems : Re: American vs. European government systems Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: American vs. European government systems
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 1 Apr 2010 22:12:11
Message: <4bb5527b$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/31/10 18:24, John VanSickle wrote:
> * It has been reported to me that during the Clinton administration,
> some US military personnel were asked if they would fire upon fellow
> Americans if ordered to do so.  At least one responded that he would be
> more inclined to fire upon the person giving the order.

	I'd guess it depends on what kind of American ;-). These days the
powers on high keep implying that they will assassinate American
citizens if they're deemed terrorists or terrorist recruiters. These
Americans just happen to have names like Ahmed, which I suspect will
make the shooting easier.

	Besides, if you want to get soldiers to shoot Americans, just don't let
them know they're Americans. I don't think it was ever a "strong"
protection.

--
No, Taco Bell is NOT the Mexican Phone Company!