POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Apr 2010 16:00:21
Message: <4bb4fb55$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> For something like this, you need "consistency".

Great. Pass an amendment.  That's how it works. :-)

> Its not about bloody property taxes, its about one single, consistent,
> nation wide, way of securing the health, as much as possible, of *every*
> citizen, not just which ever states, cities, or non-corp owned plots of
> land, just happen to pass something that tries to fix the problem.

I understand that you *want* that. I want it too. But it's perfectly
reasonable for a state government to say "that's not your job, Uncle Sam."

> Its not about who does it.

Actually, yeah, it is. At least in *this* lawsuit.

Note that I'm not commenting on the appropriateness of health care reform
etc. I'm commenting on the fact that it's perfectly reasonable for states to
do something while complaining the feds should not be doing that.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling together,