POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spectrum : Re: Spectrum Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectrum
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 1 Apr 2010 08:38:31
Message: <4bb493c7$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/31/2010 6:59 AM, Invisible wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>
>> I always knew that UV was bad for your skin!
>
> Notice how freckly she looks in UV though. That melanin really does mop
> up UV very effectively, eh? (Compare to how apparently freckle-less her
> skin appears under normal conditions.)

Interestingly, UV imaging can also be used in forensics to find evidence
of an injury after the bruise has faded in visible, it will show up in
UV wavelengths for quite some time.

Eventually I plan on buying an inexpensive P&S modified to capture UV,
visible and IR. Its UV capability is one of the reasons. I've always
wanted to capture what my eyes cannot.. .

--
~Mike