POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very retro : Re: Very retro Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very retro
From: scott
Date: 1 Apr 2010 02:40:10
Message: <4bb43fca@news.povray.org>
> Lots of places seem to just assume that it's a case of "you need to sign
> this form, it's all pretty standard stuff". Sometimes you can take a form
> away with you, read it, and sign it at your leasure. But most people seem
> to assume that you can just sign it right now. After all, why would you
> need to actually *read* it? It's all "standard stuff", after all...

LOL we had that recently.  The document referenced 6 other documents that we
didn't have, so we asked for them before we signed it.  In the end they sent
us 2 of them, saying the other 4 weren't relevant.  So we asked them to
remove the references to the other 4 from the original.  "Oh it's a standard
document, we can't change it".  In the end we wrote, by hand, on the
contract that those four were not relevant and we weren't agreeing to them,
then signed it.  I think they were a bit pissed at us.