POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very retro : Re: Very retro Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very retro
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Mar 2010 19:03:20
Message: <4bb3d4b8$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I still think the entire concept of a layman actually being able
> comprehend twenty five pages of dense legalese and click "I agree"
> actually having any clue what they just agreed to is absurd.

Usually it's not that hard to understand, unless you get caught by some odd
law or precedent that makes what the words say something different than they
mean, or unless you're doing something unusual (like trying to use GPL code
in a commercial product or some such) at which point you hire your lawyer.

> how many times have you signed some piece of
> paper shoved at you?

I never do that.

> Do you actually spend two hours pouring over the
> details? Or do you just sign it?

I read it, at least.

> Typically the salesman gets very
> agressive if you attempt to read it before signing it.

Then you walk away. I don't need that crap from a salesman. ;-)

> OK, that's pretty special. OOC, what exactly did they have to remove?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246009

OK, a moment with google shows there were a couple other bug fixes, but I'm
pretty sure the *main* reason was to get rid of patent-violating code. But
that's from memory.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling together,