POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very retro : Re: Very retro Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very retro
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 31 Mar 2010 15:17:17
Message: <4bb39fbd$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Yep. Again fixed in XP. There you can press F8 immediately, without
>> needing to scroll down first. (I guess the idea was for "force" you to
>> read it - yeah, like that works!)
>
> It does, in a legal sense. Blame the lawyers.

I still think the entire concept of a layman actually being able
comprehend twenty five pages of dense legalese and click "I agree"
actually having any clue what they just agreed to is absurd. But this is
not unique to computing; how many times have you signed some piece of
paper shoved at you? Do you actually spend two hours pouring over the
details? Or do you just sign it? Typically the salesman gets very
agressive if you attempt to read it before signing it.

>>> Ah yes. Service pack 6a, which is service pack 6 with the patent
>>> license violating code removed. :-)
>>
>> Is that the only difference?? o_O
>
> AFAIK, yes.

OK, that's pretty special. OOC, what exactly did they have to remove?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/