POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheap microscope : Re: Cheap microscope Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheap microscope
From: scott
Date: 31 Mar 2010 10:31:40
Message: <4bb35ccc@news.povray.org>
> That looks neat. I have a G10 which (I think) uses the same optics and has
> increased resolution to 14.7Mp (though the G11 went back to 10. Maybe 14.7
> is
> OTT) and would be interested to know a few more details of how you did it.

I zoomed in the camera lens to maximum, and changed to manual focus.  I held
the loupe to the front of the lens with a couple of bits of blu-tak, but
also I could hold it by hand well enough to get a good shot.  After that it
was just a matter of holding the camera steady relative to the LCD and
adjusting the manual focus to get a sharp image.

> I guess the image fragment you provided was part of a much larger 10Mp
> image.

Yes, as you can imagine there was severe distortion and blurring around the
edges of the frame, but there was a sizeable region in the centre that was
well in focus and free from distortion.