POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nostalga concentrate : Re: Nostalga concentrate Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nostalga concentrate
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Mar 2010 13:26:18
Message: <4bb2343a$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> the only reason people say a symphony is nothing but a bland wall of
> sound is because they usually are not able to pay attention to both the
> small details going on in the sound texture, individual motifs playing
> in parallel in the background and the larger overarching themes going
> throughout subjected to continuous change and tension...

Nothing music does this as well, and manages to be dramatic at the same
time.

Ultimately it comes down to what you like. I reject the idea that just
because somebody says a piece of music is good, I am morally obliged to
like it. I like a piece of music because I enjoy it, not because
somebody tells me to like it. This applies equally to the people who
tell me that I'm required to like Handel and Ravel and to the people who
tell me that I'm required to like R&B and hip-hop.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/