POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nostalga concentrate : Re: Nostalga concentrate Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nostalga concentrate
From: nemesis
Date: 30 Mar 2010 13:16:22
Message: <4bb231e6$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> Invisible wrote:
>> For example, apparently everybody thinks GEB is great. Personally, I
>> read about 25% of it and then stopped out of sheer boredom.
>
> Me too. Then I matured, and went back and read it again, and it was
> absolutely fantastic enough that I read it twice more. GEB are
> tremendously *subtle* books, and if you miss the subtlety, you've missed
> the point.

possibly he'll mature too and start enjoying both GEB and Mozart. ^^;

the only reason people say a symphony is nothing but a bland wall of
sound is because they usually are not able to pay attention to both the
small details going on in the sound texture, individual motifs playing
in parallel in the background and the larger overarching themes going
throughout subjected to continuous change and tension...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9