POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nostalga concentrate : Re: Nostalga concentrate Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nostalga concentrate
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Mar 2010 04:25:25
Message: <4bb1b575$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:

> Although some genres produce nothing but junk, or have produced nothing
> new since the first couple of albums by the first couple of artists.

Perhaps. Of course, one person's generic clones are another person's
distinctive sounds. It's all pretty subjective.

For example, there are people who claim that all trance music sounds
identical, or those who complain that every Enya song ever recorded
sounds identical. (I saw a comment on Bash where somebody claimed that
Enya sounds the same played backwards...)