POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nostalga concentrate : Re: Nostalga concentrate Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nostalga concentrate
From: John VanSickle
Date: 29 Mar 2010 14:20:14
Message: <4bb0ef5e$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Here's an interesting fact: If you take the music of a specific era,
> sort through it, throw away all the junk and keep only the very best of
> the music, the end result is an impressive pile of music. Listen to that
> and you walk away with the impression that "back then, they made REAL
> music!"
>
> Or at least, that's what I've been doing since I unwrapped about 25
> hours' worth of 1950s-eta rock & roll music yesterday. ;-)

Although some genres produce nothing but junk, or have produced nothing
new since the first couple of albums by the first couple of artists.

The heavy metal genre, for instance, has had only a small handful of
bands that can be regarded as anything like first rate, and they all
came out in the very earliest days of metal.  Since then, it has all
been derivative noise.  The same could easily be claimed for rap/hip-hop
and country-western.

Regards,
John