POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific Faith : Re: Scientific Faith Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific Faith
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Mar 2010 12:17:17
Message: <4bb0d28d$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> Depends on the setup. Off the top of my head imagine a situation with a
> night-guard on reception. The building is locked, but the alarms aren't
> on. Now if the building can't be locked without the alarms being
> activated that's a pointless function of the card.

Yes, but that's not the problem. Indeed, that's how it works now.

The problem is that the card unlocks the door but does *not* turn off the
alarm. The right answer, in other words, is to disallow the card from
unlocking the door if the alarm is already set. Because as it stands now,
going into the building sets off the alarm, with no way to turn that off.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling together,