POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPhone application - *Epic* privacy fail : Re: iPhone application - *Epic* privacy fail Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPhone application - *Epic* privacy fail
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 28 Mar 2010 23:49:18
Message: <4bb0233e$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Am 29.03.2010 04:03, schrieb Nicolas Alvarez:
>
>>> "Service Temporarily Unavailable"
>>>
>>> Looks like they hit the panic button :-P
>>
>> You can still see the pics.
>>
>> http://pic.quiptxt.com/12345 =>
>> http://quipimg.s3.amazonaws.com/12345.jpg
>
> "Please reduce your request rate."
>
> Maybe every male on this freakin' planet is currently trying to find the
> pics with the boobs... >_<

There were scripts automatically fetching thousands of pics trying to find
working ones. The site is down now (I think they disabled the amazonaws
account).

Now people in 4chan are having fun blackmailing too:
http://images.4chan.org/b/src/1269834200997.jpg
(SFW, link may stop working within an hour though)

I don't know how they found the picture "owner" though.