POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific Faith : Re: Scientific Faith Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific Faith
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Mar 2010 13:58:38
Message: <4baf98ce$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I contend that there are at least two things
> most scientists take on faith, without supporting evidence:

Oh, one more:

3) Reality is consistent.
3A) The physical laws don't change. To the extent they change,
     there is a physical law telling you how the laws change.
3B) The physical laws are consistent. (E.g., There *is* an
     as-yet-undiscovered scientific theory unifying QM and GR.)
3C) What we think we know about reality does not change how
     reality behaves. I.e., Truth is true regardless of whether
     you believe it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling together,