POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A turing machine : Re: A turing machine Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A turing machine
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Mar 2010 12:37:04
Message: <4baf85b0$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Too much time on his hands?  Deeply awesome?  Both? You decide!

Too much time? That's affirm!! O_O

Deeply awesome? Not really, no. It operates far, far too slowly to watch
it do anything useful. It's not clear which symbol is currently "under"
the R/W head. It's completely opaque why it writes the symbol it does. I
could continue.

Technically it produces the same result as a [finite] Turing machine,
and it's far nicer than anything I could ever build. That doesn't make
it awesome though.

> I hope this guy works for a computer museum.

If he doesn't, he should...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/