POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : gamma tutorial on Wiki : Re: gamma tutorial on Wiki Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:04:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gamma tutorial on Wiki
From: Ive
Date: 28 Mar 2010 05:28:45
Message: <4baf214d$1@news.povray.org>
On 26.03.2010 22:04, clipka wrote:
> Comments appreciated.

Makes a good reading. And I do not agree with the reordering suggestions
but hey, it is a wiki article and everyone who wants to improve it can
do so.
What I do miss for the "Why should I care" section is the mentioning of
all the include files that are shipped with POV-Ray and have color
definitions within them (colors.inc, woods.inc, metals.inc ... ). All of
them do use gamma pre-corrected color definitions and are pretty useless
for 3.7 as they are now.
And the headline "Why Does POV-Ray Not Do It The Photoshop Way?" does
mostly show that you do not have a good idea of what (contemporary
versions) of P'shop are doing as most operations there are internally
done in linear color space and it is also fairly easy to setup the
P'shop color picker to show linear color values and not perceptual ones.

-Ive