POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 27 Mar 2010 12:08:00
Message: <4bae2d60$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/26/10 23:15, Warp wrote:
>>         You could simply go a step further and blame a lot of authorities for
>> giving good reasons to mistrust them.
>
>   In this case "authority" would be regular, official medical practice. What
> have they done to earn people's mistrust? Why is quackery more trustworthy
> in the eyes of many people?

	Well, in the US, it wouldn't be doctors, but either the FDA, or the
medical research community, or both.

	I can't come up with reasons to distrust them, though. The FDA sucks
for food, but is probably quite good on medicine.

	I think the main problem with those folks, though, is that they easily
generalize from legitimately distrusting n groups in authority to
"Authorities always work for vested interests".

	The only difference between their stance and yours is that you're being
a bit more granular. (Which is not an irrelevant difference).

--
"Hex Dump" - Where Witches put used Curses?