POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows XP VM : Re: Windows XP VM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP VM
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 27 Mar 2010 08:09:41
Message: <4badf585$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Install a version that requires activation. Say "I don't have a
> license." Activate it? :-)

I'm pretty sure you can't do that. It lets you type in a license code,
and if it doesn't like it, it says "call this number". There is no
option to *buy* a license code (which would mean effectively admitting
that you're already in possession of something which is illegal).

> Hit up ebay to buy a license from someone who bought it bulk and didn't need it all?

I was under the impression that anything sold on ebay that isn't a
physical object has a 98% chance of being illegal.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/