POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : renaming POV-Ray :-) : Re: renaming POV-Ray :-) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: renaming POV-Ray :-)
From: TC
Date: 26 Mar 2010 17:03:55
Message: <4bad213b$1@news.povray.org>
> No matter what name you choose, you always get this sort of thing for
> *some* languages. It's nearly inevitable, and even professional "name
> inventors", whose job it is to invent names for cars and other products,
> suffer from it. For instance they name a car "Nova", though in some

Even a poorly chosen name is no bar against fame and popularity. I really
like Mr. Johnny Depp, as do millions of Germans. Now, in German "Depp" means
"moron". Definitely NOT a name to choose for an actor. And in your own
language, the name Sandra Bullock conjures images which are not flattering
for such a fair lady. Names are not everything.