POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber) : Re: Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber) Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:54:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limping Back Home (B-29 bomber)
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 26 Mar 2010 11:05:42
Message: <4baccd46$1@news.povray.org>
Is there an animations Hall of Fame?  If not, there should be, and this
should be on it.  Amazing work, Kenneth.  I'm blown away.

You've shared a little about some of your tricks, but I'm anxious to
hear more!  So the clouds are just spheres with textures!?  I would
never have known, especially since you see the planes coming through
them naturally enough.

What about the flames?  Very realistic!  Rendering flames in POV is
difficult enough as a still image, let alone animated, flying through
the air at 150 mph.  Again, I'm very impressed.

Beyond the technical aspects, the scened is very aesthetically
appealing.  The bright orange flames serve as an excellent highlight
against the turquoise of the sky and cockpit.  I love the reflections on
the hull, and the textures in general are very realistic.

Thanks for making this masterpiece, and thanks for sharing it.

Kirk