POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Happy Birthday : Re: Happy Birthday Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Birthday
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Mar 2010 08:37:52
Message: <4bacaaa0$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/03/2010 11:14 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> It is a good deal living in London (almost), free travel on all public
>> transport at all times of the day and night. Does anyone want to buy an
>> oyster card?
>>
>> My wife misses out she will be 63.25 y.o. before she gets hers. Oh! Dear
>> what a shame. LOL
>>

> What's the deal there? I thought it was automatic entitlement when you
> reached 60.

I think that it because of them pesky Europeans. Initially everyone got
it on retirement 65 for men 60 for women. That was ruled discriminatory
so everyone got it at 60. But the pension age for women is to rise (as
it is discriminatory that they can retire earlier than men) so everyone
born after 5/4/50 will be on a sliding scale until everyone qualifies at 65.

http://www.fenland.gov.uk/ccm/content/transport/change-of-age-criteria-for-concessionary-bus-passes.en

> BTW I am not 60, I'm 18 with 42 years experience ;-)

18 is so hormonal, I’m stuck at 25 and my hair is black(ish)

> Must arrange a pint or three sometime to celebrate our recurring 18th
> birthdays

We must, we must. I’m here in Chester until the end of next month. I
can’t make it before that as I’m still chief cook and bottle washer at
the weekends. But I’d love to try out my new card when it comes.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen