POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : NSIS : Re: NSIS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NSIS
From: scott
Date: 26 Mar 2010 05:38:55
Message: <4bac80af$1@news.povray.org>
> OK, that's kinda cool. What does it make? An executable package? Or an MSI
> file?

I have the free MS Express C#, if you point it to a folder to publish to, it
makes a "setup.exe", a "<name>.application" file and a "Application Files"
folder (that contains any data/content files your application needs).

> I wonder if I can convince VS to build an installer for something that
> wasn't compiled using VS...

I think in the non-free VS you have vastly more options for installers, I
would be surprised if what you ask wasn't possible.