POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: scott
Date: 26 Mar 2010 05:34:44
Message: <4bac7fb4$1@news.povray.org>
>> I suspect if you confronted most people who bought this stuff and
>> explained
>> the science and the study results, they would believe you.
>
> I doubt it. If you could reason with people believing in such things, they
> wouldn't believe in them in the first place.

The thing is they just don't care about the science, they buy it because it
seems cool, and don't even give a second thought to how it has been tested
or what "30C" actually means.  Most people are reasonable once you explain
things to them (of course there are exceptions, the "die hard" believers).