POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: scott
Date: 26 Mar 2010 04:50:12
Message: <4bac7544@news.povray.org>
>  Why do so many people think like this? What is the psychological
> phenomenon
> behind this kind of thinking?

In most cases I suspect it is because the person just can't been bothered to
research it, they have more important things in their life to worry about
than whether some cool-sounding fad medicine is scientifically proven to
work or not.  Hey they might not even realise there is such a thing as a
scientific test.

I suspect if you confronted most people who bought this stuff and explained
the science and the study results, they would believe you.