POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: scott
Date: 26 Mar 2010 04:01:05
Message: <4bac69c1@news.povray.org>
> It's a load of codswallop.  If I titrate caffeine to the point there's
> none left in solution in the water, the water is *no different* than
> taking water that's never been near caffeine.  It is chemically the
> *same*.

I think these people believe there is something "beyond" basic chemistry, ie
even when no active substance can be detected, it has somehow made its mark
on the carrier substance (water, sugar etc).  And as is completely normal
with human nature, they subconsciously interpret the results of a few very
unscientific tests (eg my friends mum was cured by it) and conclude it
works.