POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : NSIS : Re: NSIS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NSIS
From: scott
Date: 26 Mar 2010 03:49:49
Message: <4bac671d$1@news.povray.org>
>>> As I say, I did look at making an MSI file, but that is apparently
>>> drastically more complex still.
>>
>> You were the one asking about the benefits of using an IDE, yes?  ;-)
>
> Heh, there are IDEs that can do *that*?

I don't know anything about the detail of installers or how they work, I
just click "Publish" in Visual Studio and tell it where to put the
installer.  You can also tick boxes for which prerequisites your installer
also checks for and installs (eg the .net framework, a certain version of
Windows Installer, XNA framework, various SQL servers, etc) - this seems to
be intelligently correct by default though...