POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : PPM file output broken : Re: PPM file output broken Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PPM file output broken
From: clipka
Date: 25 Mar 2010 23:20:59
Message: <4bac281b$1@news.povray.org>
Ive schrieb:

>> ... atcually it seems to me that all bit depth other than 8 bits are
>> broken; or is it my image viewer?
>
> Just in case your image viewer is called IC the problem *IS* your image
> viewer and, err, well let me put it this this way, there is actually no
> excuse as it was one of the first reported bugs and I was even aware of
> a note by one of my colleagues. It is fixed since quite a while but I
> failed due some personal issues to publish the current IC version (where
> BTW also your other complain about IC is fixed) but I promise to release
> it a few days after Easter.

Hey, a new IC version? That's good news!

And no - the problem isn't only IC, although I did notice that bug by
now; but it's rather benign compared to how POV-Ray goofs it...

I'm currently working on a fix (or, rather, a general file output
refactoring that will include a fix). For POV-Ray that is, not for IC ;-)