POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Mar 2010 17:26:09
Message: <4baa8371@news.povray.org>
On 3/24/2010 2:16 PM, TC wrote:
>> Well, I'm guessing that water that has almost no benzene in it is fairly
>> healthy, yeah... But that's some pretty simplistic reasoning.
>
> Warp is quite right, as ever. He is just trying to emulate the reasoning
> behind homeopathy.
>
> As far as I could follow the topic on wikipedia, the whole thing has quite a
> lot of occultism in it. Dilution is just the physical side of preparation of
> medicines, the stuff has to be "dynamized" by the ritual shaking of
> waterbottles and so on.
>
> It is as sound a concept as that of Victor Schauberger's "natural flows"
> (supposedly able to create anything from free energy to anti-gravity to
> healing medicine) or the theory that water has a memory. I find it
> astonishing what people actually can believe in...
>
> Apart from this all: the strangest thing is the (scientifically proven)
> effect of a placebo - it is strange that it actually works. If you just
> really, truely and completey believe that a thing will work it can cure you:
> be it homeopathy, accupuncture (here I see at least in some cases a physical
> reason that might work - the needles blocking nerves>might<  have effects -
> though I am sceptical), faith healing, imbibing water at Lourdes or sleeping
> below a pyramid.

Yeah, needles blocking nerves that are a) never in the same precise
physical place in every person, and b) where the practice seems to work,
when it does, whether you use the "correct" points at all, or c) even
one that could legitimately be connected to the part you are trying to
cure, might be plausible. Well.. except for the three things I
mentioned... lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {