POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender : Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender Server Time
6 Jul 2024 06:05:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output Alpha problem when exporting from blender
From: Warp
Date: 24 Mar 2010 11:03:37
Message: <4baa29c9@news.povray.org>
> On 23.03.10 19:38, Alain wrote:
> >> The fix was that alpha is treated differently depending on the version
> >> directive as the 3.6 change was unpopular...
> <snip>
> > I agree with Warp, it was broken in version 3.5, corrected in version
> > 3.6, then broken again in version 3.7.

> My point was not putting this up for discussion. I merely stated the fact
> that there are people who disagree.

  Could you give some reference to this? Personally I don't remember even
one post in this newsgroup which said that POV-Ray 3.5 behaved better with
respect to the +UA than POV-Ray 3.6 does.

  On the contrary, the behavior was fixed for 3.6 precisely because people
complained that 3.5 was broken in that respect. Even if there were people
who for some strange reason want the 3.5 way of doing it, they are clearly
the minority.

  Reverting back to the way 3.5 did it is just plain wrong. The resulting
images are broken.

  My guess is that 3.7 reverted back to the old behavior because of an
oversight when the related routines were rewritten, not because of a
conscious decision done on purpose. In other words, it was a mistake.
A mistake which should be corrected.

--
                                                          - Warp