POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : NSIS : Re: NSIS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NSIS
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 23 Mar 2010 18:43:58
Message: <4ba9442e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 23/03/2010 11:43, Invisible nous fit lire :
> Invisible wrote:
>> Anybody here happen to know anything about NSIS?
>
> So apparently that's a "no" then.

I had enough troubles with *.inf file with signed *.sys & *.cat to just
install a driver (on the 3 supported cpu) to have learned one thing:

Stay away from Microsoft if you can! If not, keep it very VERY very
basic. And double + triple checks before delivering... twice!

Debian installation is on the other hand a real pleasure for dedicated
binaries.
(But I have yet to install from sources for multi-architecture)

> Well, I have at least got to the point where the installer works when
> everything goes according to plan. Trouble is, if there's a problem, the
> installer merrily continues as if nothing's wrong. Not very graceful!

Even with a basic *.inf, I ended up installing a x386 driver on a amd64
system... no complains, until the reboot where the service was not
started... only clue was file size.
Installing a corrupted (but signed while clean) file ? No complains
either, you could think they check the signature at installation time,
at least... no!